Sep 29, 2010
Oil 2 Tbsp
Broken Cashew Pieces 2tbsp
Golden Raisins 1tbsp (optional)
3tsp Salt to taste
Cumin Powder 1/2 Tbsp
Coriander Powder 1Tbsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Evaporated Milk or regular milk 5ounces
Yogurt 1/2 cup, well beaten
½ cup chopped onions
Tomato 1large cubed
Carrots 1cup cubed
Cauliflower 2 cups cut to bite size florets
Potatoes 2 medium, peeled & cubed
Frozen Green Peas 1 cup
Green Beans 1 cup cut to 1 inch pieces
Cilantro for garnish
Grind to Paste:
Bay Leaf 1
Cinnamon Stick 1”piece
Green Cardamom 3
Cloves 5 pieces
Black Peppercorns 1/4tsp
Broken Cashews 1/4 cup
Onions 2 medium, finely chopped
Garlic 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
Ginger 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
Dry Red Chillies 2 broken
PASTE: Heat Oil in a non-stick pan & fry ¼ cup Cashews. Add onions, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon Stick, Green Cardamom, Whole Cloves and Peppercorns. Roast for few seconds. Add Ginger, Red Chilies and Garlic to this and cook for 2-3 additional minutes or until golden brown. Turn off stove and allow mixture to cool. Grind it in to a fine paste with adding less water.
• In a microwave safe bowl add ½ cup water, Potatoes, carrots and a little salt & boil for 3 mins. Later add Cauliflower, Green Peas, beans, carrots, water & microwave for another 3 minutes. Check if the veggies have been cooked and are soft. Remove veggies and water into a separate bowl.
• Heat 2tbsp oil in the same pan & fry broken cashews .Once they are golden brown remove from oil & keep aside for garnishing.
• In the same above oil fry the chopped onions. Later add the onion paste to this pan & add turmeric Powder & Salt. Mix, cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring in between till the oils separates.
• Add in Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and Red Chili Powder. Add little water if needed.
• Add Tomatoes, stir and cook for another 1-2 mins.
• Add Evaporated Milk or regular milk and stir.
• Reduce heat to low and add beaten yogurt slowly while stirring. Allow mixture to come to a boil.
• Add the cooked vegetables to this above mixture and stir well.
• Add additional water to get to your desired consistency. Cook for another 5 mins or till it comes to a boil.
• Garnish with Cilantro & with roasted cashews.
• Serve hot with roti, naan, or rice.