Basmati rice 2 cups (cooked)
Oil 2 tbsp
½ tsp Cumin seeds
1 medium onion finely chopped
½ tsp Ginger paste or fresh ginger
½ tsp Garlic paste or fresh garlic
2 tomatoes finely chopped
1 cup Green capsicum, finely chopped
½ cup Green peas boiled and mashed
¼ cup grated carrot
2tsp Pav bhaji masala
1tsp Red chilli powder or to taste
2tsp Salt or to taste
Fresh coriander leaves chopped for garnish
2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Cook rice with a little salt & cool it.
- Heat oil in a pan & add cumin seeds and sauté till well browned.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic paste and add the green capsicum & sauté till they become soft.
- Add the tomatoes & cook till they are soft.
- Add mashed green peas, grated carrot, pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder & salt. Mix and cook for two to three minutes. Add the cooked rice and mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Cook on high heat for a couple of minutes. Serve hot.