- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 11/2 tsp salt (as per your taste)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (depends upon your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice or brown rice
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed or 1 cup soaked and cooked beans
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp jalapenos
- 3 to 4 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 – 10 strands of cooked noodles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare rice. While the rice is cooking heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the pan is add the diced onion and all of the seasonings.
- Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly for an additional 60 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice, black beans, tomatoes, corn and a bit of cilantro (reserving some for garnishing) to the mixture.
- Finally add the noodles. Mix the ingredients thoroughly, taste and re-season if needed. Increase spice level for your taste.
- Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray and pour the rice mixture into the dish, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese.
- Spray a piece of tin foil with cooking spray (so the cheese won't stick) and cover the baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes then remove the tin foil.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and side dish of Salsa and Guacamole.
Tip: Add your choice of vegetables (Red bell pepper, Broccoli, etc.)