I have always wanted to make a Tiramisu. But I felt that it was something beyond my reach as I thought it's impossible to make such a delicious Italian dessert. Finally after a lot of research and watching multiple videos I decided its time now. This is one of the creamiest cakes I have ever tasted and it has become my all time Fav. The flavors in it are so subtle it will keep you wanting for more & more!!!! Best part is it can be made in no-time!!!
Cream Cheese – 8 oz box at room temp
Sugar – 3 Tbsp
Custard powder - 2 tbsp
Milk - 150 ml
Strong Coffee – 1 cup (or as needed)
Whipped Cream – 1 1/2 cups (See recipe below) or (1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip) may be used as an instant alternative
Lady Fingers – 1 package (Alternative: Use a basic cake & cut in to 1''thick and 5" long pieces )see pic below.
Cocoa Powder & Powdered Sugar – for garnishing.
Vanilla Essence - few drops
How to make Whipped Cream : Makes about 2 cups
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Whip Heavy Whipping Cream and 1 Tbsp Sugar in a bowl over ice until fluffy. Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks. Tip: Make sure the cream is very cold. This will help the cream whip quickly and will increase its volume.
Method for Tiramisu:
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix softened Cream Cheese with 3 Tbsp of sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. In a separate bowl make thick Custard mixture & keep it aside.
3. Mix the custard mixture into the cream cheese & add a few drops of vanilla essence and stir well.
4. Add 2-3 Tbsp of the coffee liquid in the mixture and mix well.
5. Fold Whipped Cream into cream cheese & custard mixture until well incorporated.
6. Dip each Lady Finger into the coffee for just 2 seconds on each side and place into square or rectangle tray until the bottom is completely covered.
7. Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese filling evenly on top of the fingers and dust cocoa powder over the filling.
8. Repeat another layer of coffee dipped lady fingers.
9.Top with remaining filling and sprinkle cocoa powder on top to form a coating.
10. Chill overnight or at least for 8 hrs.
11 Garnish with a light dusting of powdered sugar.