I adapted this recipe from one of my cookbooks using ingredients to make it lighter & healthier. It’s my family's favorite especially when something quick is needed. Well, the main idea is to incorporate spinach in to the dish.hhehehehee.I am sure you will adore this dish as its quick & delicious. Enjoy!!!!!
1/2 cup spinach (chopped, steamed and squeezed to drain)
½ cup grated cheese(mozzarella, feta, etc any kind)
salt & pepper to taste
1 Sliced tomato
1tsp chopped jalapenoes (optional)
2 (8 inch) tortillas
• Mix the spinach, salt & pepper in a bowl.
• Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
• Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter and repeat with the second tortilla. Lightly toast it.
• Sprinkle some cheese on the one of the tortilla followed by the spinach filling and then slices of tomatoes, chopped jalapenoes & more cheese and finally cover with the other tortilla.
• Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
• Be careful while flipping, do it slowly.
• Serve with guacamole , sour cream & some salsa(optional)