Aug 28, 2010
Beetroot – 2 medium chopped into small cubes
Onion - 1 small (optional)
1 Green Chilli slit & halved
½ tsp mustard seeds
1tsp Urad dhal
½ tsp Turmeric powder
Few Curry leaves
2tbsp Grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
Salt as per taste
• Peel the skin from beet root and cut into small cubed pieces.
• Chop the onion finely (optional).
• Put the oil in a pan and when it is hot add mustard, green chillies, curry leaves, urad dal.
• When it pops up add onions, cut beets & fry till the beets becomes tender & soft.
• Add the turmeric powder and salt and fry another 2mins.
• Let it cool down & then add the grated coconut, mix well & serve hot or cold.