Zucchini Dosa is a great dish to serve for breakfast or a light lunch. This recipe is quick to prepare and can be served many different ways.
1 cup besan (gram flour) 1/4 cup rice flour (optional for crisp)
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp chopped green chilies (optional, don’t have green chilies, you may replace with red chilly powder or chilli flakes.)
1 cup shredded zucchini (Italian squash)
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
6 tbsp of oil to cook
• Shred the zucchini with/without the skin and keep aside.
• Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, besan (gram flour), rice flour, salt, and cumin seeds. Add the shredded zucchini, cilantro, green chillies to this & mix well.
• Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter (should be the consistency of pancake batter or Dosa batter).
• Use a non-stick skillet & place on medium-high heat.
• To check if the skillet is ready, put a few drops of water on it. If the water sizzles right away, the skillet is ready.
• Next pour a laddle of about 1/2 cup of the batter on the skillet & spread evenly with a back of the laddle. Starting from the center, spread in circular motion outwards until it is evenly spread like a circle. Spread the batter quick, otherwise batter will start drying and will not spread.
• When batter starts drying put 1/2 tsp of oil and spread over gently, using a flat spatula. Lift the dosa from one side using a flat spatula. Flip the dosa when it turns golden-brown.
• Cook on the other side as well until its golden brown color.
• Serve the dosa with yogurt, mint /cilantro chutney, spicy pickles, or ketchup.