Jul 28, 2010
Juicy Corn Cob
• 1/4 cup tamarind juice
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp chilli powder
• 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
• 1/4 tsp grated ginger
• 1 or 2 corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
• 1tsp oil for frying
• Divide the corn in to 4 to 5 pieces equally.
• Pressure cook for 1 whistle with little water in it.
• Remove from the pressure cooker, by straining the water in a separate bowl & keep it aside. Don’t over cook them.
• In the same pressure cooker add 1 tsp oil & add the tamarind juice, salt, turmeric powder& chilli powder, garlic powder, ginger & fry for 5 mins.
• Don’t add too much water to the tamarind juice.
• Later add the corn cobs in to the tamarind gravy.
• Coat the corn cobs well in the tamarind gravy & pressures cook them again for another 3 whistles.
• Make sure the tamarind juice is well coated to the cobs.
• Serve them hot cold.