Jul 19, 2010
Sweet Potato soup
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
1/4 tsp grated ginger
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
½ cup milk
Salt as per taste
Sour cream & chives for garnish
• In a pot cook the flour and butter, on medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture gets a light caramel color.
• Add little water and brown sugar, bring to a boil, and lower to a simmer.
• Stir in the mashed sweet potatoes & the ginger, and cook for 5 mins more.
• Puree the soup in a blender & return to pour it back in the pot.
• Add the milk as needed, and reheat soup.
• Season with salt & pepper.
• Pour into soup bowls and garnish with chives or spring onions.