Vegetable Manchurian is a popular dish everywhere nowadays.In this recipe i have made the vegetable dumplings & later simmered in a soya tomato sauce based gravy. Relish this Veg Manchurian with fried rice or just as a starter.
1 cup Grated Cabbage
1 cup Grated Carrots
1/2 Onion grated
1 cup grated cauliflower(optional)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste or grated ginger & garlic
1/2 cup boiled rice
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
Oil for deep frying
1 tbsp Soya Sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1tsp Salt or to taste
1 tsp Pepper Powder
1 chopped green chillies
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water or vegetable stock
2 tbsp spring onions for garnish
1. Mix grated cabbage, carrots, onions & cauliflower and squeeze all the water out from them.
2. Mix 2 tbsp all purpose flour, ginger garlic paste and little salt to it.Add the boiled rice and smash it well for a gud binding.
3. Make small ping pong balls (like koftas) to this above mixture.Bind the koftas well, if they are not tight it will break in the oil while frying.
Tip: if it breaks add a little more all purpose flour to bind the vegetable mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the balls till golden brown, drain and keep aside.
5. Now in a separate pan heat 2 tbsp oil.
6. Sauté ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and onions.
7. Add water, salt, pepper powder,tomato sauce,soya sauce and stir well.Add a tbsp water to the corn flour & mix it in the gravy for thickening.
8. Gently add the fried balls to the gravy.
9. Cook the vegetable manchurian for 3-4 minutes and serve hot garnished with spring onions.