1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 cup unrefined sugar(powdered)
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄3 cup maple syrup
1 – 1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup canola oil (a little generous)
1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
· Preheat oven to 350°.
· In a bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt, and stir until well combined.
· In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup & vanilla extract, and then stir in the oil until well combined.
· Add the chocolate chips to the dry mixture and stir.
· Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well. (Do not over-mix).
· Take 1tsp spoonfuls of the batter and make balls and flatten & place on the baking tray.
· Bake for 11 minutes, or until just golden (if you bake for much longer, they will dry out). Let cool on the sheet for no more than 1 minute, then transfer to a cooling rack.Makes 9-12 large to average sized cookies
Note: Unbleached all-purpose flour produces a more classic cookie taste and texture, but you can use whole-wheat pastry flour and still get a delicious cookie.