2 cups rice
1 cup parboiled rice (cooked rice)
3/4 cup urad dal
3/4 cup poha/rice flakes
1 tsp methi seeds
11/2 tsp salt or to taste
Pinch sugar (optional)
1. Soak raw rice, parboiled rice, urad dal and methi seeds in enough water for 6 hours. Separately soak the poha or beaten rice for 1-2 hours.
2. Grind all the ingredients along with poha adding enough water to form a pouring consistency. Leave it overnight to ferment.
3. Add salt & a pinch of sugar just before preparing the dosa and combine well.
4. Pre-heat a non stick tawa till really hot & pour 2 laddles of batter quickly (do not spread the batter) and let it cook gradually over medium heat. It should look like a thick pancake.
5. Flip the dosa over (this is optional) and let it cook further for less than a minute or till it is slightly roasted. Serve hot with chutney and sagu.