Potatoes are my all time favorites. I love them any way you present it. But when it comes to adding yoghurt to any dish it becomes more delicious than ever. This dish is very simple, delightful & mouthwatering.
5 to 6 peeled baby potatoes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
3 cloves (laung)
1’’ cinnamon (dalchini)
3 to 4 curry leaves (kari patta)
1 slit green chilli
2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 cup yoghurt (dahi), beaten
2 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish (dhania)
• Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and asafoetida. When the seeds crackle, add the bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, curry leaves and green chilli and sauté for a few seconds.
• Add the peeled baby potatoes, chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, turmeric & salt & sauté till the masala coats the potatoes evenly.
• Add ½ cup of water and bring to a boil. Prick the potatoes to see if they are cooked.
• Add the curds and bring to a boil while stirring continuously so that the gravy does not split.
• Garnish with the coriander & serve with roti, naan or puri’s