Easy and quick recipe for making healthy and delicious dry fruits Bar for the kids. This recipe is a no ghee/oil, no sugar and a vegan recipe.
· 1 cup chopped dates (remove the seeds)
· 2 to 3 tbsp almonds or badam
· 2 tbsp raisins
· 1 to 2 tbsp cashews
· 8-9 whole dry figs
· 1 to 2 tbsp Oats (optional)
· 1tsp chia seeds
· 1tsp flax seeds
· 2 green cardamom pods, peeled and seeds crushed
1. Roast the almonds in a pan till they get browned. Cool them.
2. Then grind the almonds coarsely.
3. Chop the dates and figs.
4. Powder the cardamom seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds coarsely.
5. In a dry grinder add the chopped dates, figs, raisins, cashews, Oats and cardamom powder mixture.
6. Add the ground almonds and grind to a coarse mixture.
7. Spread on a tray or plate and make it flat for ½ inch thick and let it set for 20 mins.
8. Cut them square or rectangle shapes.
9. Dry fruit bars are ready.
10. Serve them immediately or store in an air tight container and refrigerate.
Optional – Any nuts (Chia seeds, flax seeds, Cranberries, pistachios, Walnuts etc. ) can be added to this bar. Be creative.