¼ cup Gram flour (besan)
10 to 15 pieces of Ladyfingers (bhindi)
1tsp salt or to taste
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Garam masala powder
11/2 tsp Roasted cumin powder (jeera)
11/2 tsp Amchur powder(dry mango powder)
1tsp Fennel seeds (saunf), crushed
11/2 tsp Red chilli powder or to taste
1tbsp Coriander powder
5 tbsp Oil
½ tsp Onion seeds (kalonji) optional
1tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
• Trim the lady fingers and make a slit on one side without cutting it completely.
• Add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder, amchur powder, fennel seeds, red chilli powder and coriander powder in a small bowl and mix. Fill this mixture into the slits. Sprinkle the remaining mixture (if any) over the bhindi & add a tbsp of oil. Toss a little & set aside.
• Add the rest of the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds & saute. Add gram flour and sauté for a couple of mins on medium heat.
• Add the stuffed lady fingers/bhindi & toss well to coat the gram flour.
• Lower the heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, till the lady fingers get cooked and turn crispy. (don't add water)
• It will take sometime to cook these ladyfingers on medium heat, but they turn out to be Scrumptious.
• Serve hot with Roti’s or naan
Clean the ladyfingers using a tissue or wet cloth don’t wash it in water.
Don’t add water while frying b’coz ladyfingers already has lots of moisture in it.