Spicy buttermilk curry - Mor Kozhambu
IngredientsToor dal - 2 tbsp
Dhaniya (Coriander Seeds) - 2 tbsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Rice - 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seed (methi seeds) - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 1
Dried Red chillies - 2
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Grated coconut - 4 tbsp
Onions - thinly sliced onions 1/2 cup
Fresh Curd - 2cups
Gingely oil (Nallennai) - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tbsp
Soondakai (turkey berry) - 2 tbsp Optional
Preparation1. Soak toor dal, dhaniya, rice in water for 15 mins.
2. Add oil and roast the fenugreek seeds, green and red chilly in medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Mix coconut, jeera and add the above roasted mixture and grind well with water
4. Add toor dal, dhaniya, rice and turmeric powder to above mixture. Grind this well with water
5. Put the grinded ingredients in a heavy bottomed vessel.
6. Add required amount of water and mix thoroughly till the consistency is like dosa batter.
7. Boil this for 5 minutes in medium flame.
8. Add curd and salt and mix thoroughly
9. Turn the stove to low flame
10. Heat for 2 minutes and turn off the stove. (Do not wait till this boils)
11. In a pan, heat 1 tsp of gingely (or) coconut oil. Add mustard and curry leaves and sliced onions. Once they are translucent add this to kuzhambu.
Serve with hot or cold rice.