My mom used to make cakes all the time on occasions like birthdays, anniversary or any parties. Well I should say sometimes no reason to make a delicious cake :). And I am continuing her tradition & making for my Family.
Maida /All purpose flour - 11/2 cups
Melted Butter/ghee - 100 gms
Milk - 120 ml
Vanilla Essence or pineapple essence - 2 tsp
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 tin
Baking Powder - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
11/2 tsp ground flax seed powder soaked in 2 tbsp water (make it frothy like consistency) .
1. Preheat the oven at 350 *F
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside (dry ingredients)
3. Take the melted butter in a bowl and whisk it very well till it is creamy and frothy.
4. Add vanilla essence, condensed milk and beat it till it is creamy and fluffy. Add the flax seed mixture and whisk well with a beater.
5. Add the dry ingredients(maida, baking soda, baking powder) little by little and keep mixing it well.
Add milk and mix well.
6. Beat it for 5 mins till it is in a smooth flowing consistency.
7. Grease the baking dish with butter and dust it with little flour. Pour the batter into the pan.
8. Bake it in the oven at 350*F for 35 mins or until it is cooked. To check if it is cooked put a toothpick in the center of the cake if it comes out clean , it means it is done.
9. Cool it on the cooling rack for 5 mins and Remove the cake from the baking tray to cool completely.