Oct 27, 2008
“Misri Roti” the name itself sounds so delicious. This is the first recipe I learnt from my aunt. One of the easiest recipes I have ever made. It is a very yummy treat for everyone during any season and can be made in just a few mins time.
Making time: 20 mins
Makes: 25 pieces
1 cup plain flour (Maida)
1 cup sugar granulated or confectionary sugar
1/2 cup melted ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Mix of chopped almonds and pistachios
Pinch of Saffron
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350*F
2. Mix sugar, cardamom and melted ghee together well to get a smooth consistency.
3. Add flour to the above mixture to make nice dough.
4. Spray some nonstick spray on the baking sheet.
5. Pat and shape into flat 1/2" thick in height and sprinkle some chopped almonds and pistachios. Also, sprinkle some saffron on it.
6. Cut into desired shapes with a cookie cutter or just spread the dough flat on a baking tray and Bake for 15 mins or till it is light golden brown in color.
7. Later cut square shapes when it is a little hot.
8. Serve it cool or hot.