Gobi Manchurian Dry is undoubtedly the best Indian-Chinese dish ever. The gobi's are mixed in a all purpose flour batter, then deep fried and finally smothered with a spicy hot and sweet sauce made with asian spices. Spicy with a tingling taste of garlic and herbs, resulting in a taste you'll never forget!
4 cup cauliflower - separated into small florets
2 tsp ginger - minced
1 tbsp garlic - minced
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp corn flour
1/2 tsp red chilli powder or green chilli paste
2 tsp salt
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp vinegar
1 onion - sliced
1 green bell pepper - sliced
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
3 tbsp green spring onions - finely chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp salt as per taste
3 tbsp oil (for saute)
2 cups oil (for frying)
1. Wash the cauliflower florets and microwave them in salt water for 3 minutes. Drain the water completely and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
2. Mix all purpose flour, corn flour, red chilli powder or green chilli paste, salt, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce,vinegar & little water in a bowl. Make a medium consistency and add cauliflower and toss to coat it.
3. Heat some oil and deep fry the cauliflower florets and drain the excess oil with a paper towel. Keep aside.
4. Now heat 3 tbsp oil in a wide saucepan on high flame. Then saute the onions, green bell peppers, ginger garlic for a few mins and once they turn slightly tender, add the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli garlic sauce and salt.Garnish with Spring onions.
5. Later add the fried cauliflower, and toss everything and mix well for few minutes until the masala becomes dry.
6. Finally add the green onions and lower the heat to low flame. Keep stirring for another couple mins, then set aside.