Oct 21, 2008
1-1/2 cups wheat flour
4 tbsp yogurt or curd
3 cup water
4 cup sugar
A pinch of saffron
Syrup: Mix water and sugar in the pan and boil till it gets thicker. Add saffron to it. Check by dipping a spoon in it. It should not be too thick or thin. Keep the syrup aside.
1. Mix flour, yogurt and 4-8 tablespoon of water. Mixture should wrap on the spoon but it should not stick (Like Dosa Batter). Use more water if needed.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Pan should be less then half full by oil. Heat the oil on medium high.
3. When it’s quite hot, drop large ladlefuls into the oil to form circles.
4. Typically the dough will sink and line the bottom of the pan and rise up in the shape of a disc. If it sticks to the pan and doesn’t spread add a little more water or if spreads out very thin add a little more flour.
5. Fry it from both side till its golden brown and crisp. While pouring the mix keep the gas on medium high heat and reduce it while frying to make it crisp.
6. Drain and pat off the oil. Soak in sugar syrup for 2 mins.
7. Sprinkle some pistachios and almonds chopped and serve hot.