Oct 27, 2008
1cup Plain flour (Maida)
1tbsp Ghee or oil
Salt to taste
1/4tsp Ajwain seeds (Carom Seeds)
Warm water for kneading
Oil for deep frying
1. Measure 1cup of Flour and add 1 Tsp of Salt and 1tsp of Ajwain seeds.
2. Then, add in 1/2 a cup of either melted clarified butter or Vegetable Oil.
3. Mix together using your hands. DO NOT MAKE DOUGH YET!!
4. Then, add in some warm water, as you start mixing the flour into dough.
DO NOT ADD IN TOO MUCH WATER!!
5. Take a roller and roll the dough till the dough becomes very thin.
6. Now, with a cookie cutter make small round shapes or in any shape you like. 7. Later prick the individual shapes with a fork, so that the dough doesn’t rise up like a puri while frying. 8. Deep fry them on a medium flame slowly. MAKE SURE THE OIL IS NOT TOO HOT, OR IT WILL BURN THE MATRIS AND WILL NOT GET COOKED INTERNALLY!!
9. Fry till they are Crispy Gold in color.
10. Cool it before you store in an air tight container.
11. Serve as snacks with tea or Coffee.