Colorful bean salad with walnuts and fetaThis salad is time-saving and packed with healthy nutrients, and leaves you feeling lighter and full of energy particularly on an ardent summer day. Each time you toss the salad you can change the flavor to suit your taste buds.
1 cup kidney beans (Rajma)
1 cup chickpeas (Garbanzo beans)
½ cup sweet corn shredded
2 cups green sprouts
1 thinly sliced green Bell pepper(capsicum)
1 shredded red bell pepper
1 shredded yellow bell pepper (optional)
2 Onions finely chopped
5 crushed walnuts
1 tbsp feta cheese
1 lemon squeezed
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Boil the kidney beans, chickpeas and sweet corn separately and set aside.
2. Soak green grams overnight to produce sprouts.In a large bowl, mix kidney beans, chickpeas, sweet corn, and sprouts together.
3. Add to it shredded bell peppers in different colors, as many as you can get, including capsicum together with chopped onion, and blend it.
4. Then add crushed walnuts, and a generous sprinkling of feta cheese.
5. Squeeze a full lemon on the mixture and sprinkle salt as per taste.Dress it with olive oil.
6. To add more flavors I would l like to add sliced strawberries and sprinkle some dried cherries. A drizzle of balsamic vinegar can do wonders to the mix as well (optional)