1 tin condensed milkmaid
280 grams Maida (all purpose flour)
2tbsp Cocoa powder or drinking chocolate
1 cup sugar
1tsp Baking powder
2tsp Baking Soda
120 ml melted butter
Chocolate essence 1tsp
Diet Coke if needed instead of water
1. Pre heat the oven for 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)and grease the baking pan with cooking spray and spread some flour over it
2. Sieve the Maida (all purpose flour), baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cocoa powder and keep aside.
3. Beat the condensed milk using a hand beater for a while and later add the essence.
4. Add the above dry ingredients little by little alternating it with milk and melted butter to the condensed milk batter. If required add some diet coke instead of water to get the smooth flowing consistency.
Ingredients for Icing:
1/2 tin canned cherries and syrup
1 cup fresh whipped cream
3 tbsp powdered sugar
4 tbsp grated dark or plain chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
To make whipped cream icing:
1. Beat the cream over a tray of ice cubes with a hand beater. Do not overbeat. It should form soft peaks. Add in the sugar and essence. Mix gently. Put some icing in the icing bag for final decorations and leave the rest in the bowl. Keep both in the refrigerator.
3. Spread the cream icing on lower half of the cake. Transfer to a cake plate. Place the cherries on the cream. Save a few for topping decorations.
Place the other half of the cake on top of the lower layer. Spread a little more icing on top and decorate the top edges and bottom edges with the icing nozzles. Spread the chocolate flakes all over and decorate it with cherries.
1. You can also grate the chocolate bar using a peeler for a very different stylish curly look.
2. Instead of cooking sprays baking sprays are available in the market with just a touch of baker's flour for a convenient one-step spray that lets baked goods slide right out of the pan.