Chickpeas 1 tin
¼ tsp Red chili powder or as per your taste
¼ tsp Garlic powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt or as per your taste
1 tsp Olive oil
1 Lime cut in to wedges (optional)
· Preheat oven at 400F for 15 minutes.
· If using canned chickpeas, open the can, drain it in a colander, rinse it with water well. Dab the chickpeas with a paper towel. Don’t wipe it dry, little moisture is recommended so that the seasonings stick to the chickpeas.
· Transfer the chickpeas to a large baking sheet and add the chili powder and garlic powder & coat it with olive oil. Use little salt because canned chickpea has salt in it already.
· Leave it in the oven for 35-38 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. If you want crunchy chickpeas roast it for another few mins minutes.
· Again keep in mind that oven temperatures vary, so check yours around 35 minutes first and then decide either to roast it further or not.
· Mine got crispy after 40 minutes, switch off the oven and leave the baking tray in the oven itself for another 10 minutes. Be careful to keep checking it,they might burn.
· Fat free, guilt free roasted chickpeas are ready to be snacked on. It was so crunchy and addictive. We couldn’t stop nibbling on.