Sep 6, 2009
VEGETABLE AND PANEER JALFREIZE
Olive oil 3 Tbsp
Red Onions ½ thinly sliced lengthwise
Bell pepper 1 thinly sliced
String beans 1 Cup diagonally cut
Peas 1 cup (frozen optional)
Tomatoes 2 pureed
Baby corn cut in cubes
Paneer / Cottage cheese ½ pound cut in cubes
Chopped Fresh Cilantro for garnish
1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 /8 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
spring onions greens chopped ½ cup
Tawa Masala powder 2tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Amchur powder 1tsp
Anardana powder 1tsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
Salt to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the cubed Paneer pieces until they slightly golden brown on all sides. Keep it aside.
2. Add the cumin seeds and asafetida to the rest of the oil. When they crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste, onions, capsicums and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add the baby corn, string beans, peas and fry for 5 mins until they are soft. Keep aside
4. In a separate pan add 1tsp of oil and add the tomato puree and the tawa masala powder and turmeric powder, salt and saute on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes till the raw smell goes away.
5. Add garam masala, amchur powder and Anardana powder to this gravy and sauté for a while. Add this gravy to the fried veggies.
6. Later add the cubed paneer and spring onions to the above mix and toss lightly.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.