Sep 6, 2009
Bell Pepper Bruschetta
• 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper (sliced thinly)
• garlic paste for spreading
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• Few sprigs basil leaves, chopped. (optional)
• Salt and black pepper
• 1 French bread diagonally sliced
• Grated Mozzarella cheese/ Goat cheese
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add peppers, vinegar and cook until peppers are medium soft. Don’t overcook it. Remove from heat. Stir in basil and let mixture cool at room temperature. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the diagonally cut bread in baking tray and bake the bread until it turns slight brown and crispy on one side of the bread. Remove from the oven once it’s brown in color.
Let it cool for some time and then rub the garlic paste on the other side of the bread which is not brown in color. Place the bell pepper on top of the bread and spread some cheese, salt and pepper and bake in the oven again for about 10 minutes or until it is golden brown in color or until the cheese starts to melt. Serve hot with chilli sauce.
Note: You can use tomato, onions, zucchini, mushrooms etc also as a topping instead of bell pepper.
Makes 30 small bites