Ragda Patties is one of the most delicious chat items. Patties, which on it's own makes a yummy snack to go with tea. This snack makes an excellent party dish and is loved by all.
4 potatoes boiled
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp bread crumbs (for binding)
salt, chili powder, garam masala, amchur powder as per taste.
1. Mash the boiled potatoes well to a smooth mush.
2. Add all the masalas, bread crumbs and coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Shape into flat lemon sized balls to get the shape.
4. Heat a non-stick griddle, spray with little oil . Place a few patties on the griddle and shallow fry both sides till golden.
11/2 cup yellow peas soaked overnight (green peas are not to be used for ragda)
4 tbsp onion chopped
Tadka: 1tbsp oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves
salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder.
1. Cook yellow peas till done, I pressure cook them which is the fastest , but make sure not to over pressure the peas.
2. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida & curry leaves and onions. Let splutter and then add all the masala powders and boiled peas. Add more water as per desired consistency and simmer a few minutes.
Coriander chutney, Tamarind sweet chutney
1 onion chopped fine
coriander leaves chopped
Arrange 2-3 petite Patties in a bowl, let hot ragda drip over the patties. Sprinkle chopped onion and splash the two chutneys as per your taste.You can squeeze 1tsp lemon juice over it.
Finally sprinkle the fried goodies(sev) over it and enjoy a bowl of sizzling hot Ragda Patties!